Author Topic: BUY AMERICAN!  (Read 1848 times)

D.M. Norrod

• Administrator
BUY AMERICAN!
« on: December 19, 2015, 12:54:30 PM »

D.M. Norrod

• Administrator
Re: BUY AMERICAN!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 02:42:21 PM »
Creating Jobs.

Any time you call an 800 number (for a credit card, banking, charter communications, health and other insurance, computer help desk, etc) and you find that you're talking to a foreign customer service representative (perhaps in India, Philippines, etc), please consider doing the following:

After you connect and you realize that the customer service representative is not from the USA (you can always ask if you are not sure about the accent), please, very politely
 (this is not about trashing other cultures) say, "I'd like to speak to a customer service representative in the United States of America ."

The rep might suggest talking to his/her manager, but, again, politely say, "Thank you, but I'd like to speak to a customer service representative in the USA ." YOU WILL BE IMMEDIATELY CONNECTED TO A REP IN THE USA . That's the rule and the LAW.

It takes less than one minute to have your call re-directed to the USA . Tonight when I got redirected to a USA rep, I asked again to make sure - and yes, she was from Fort Lauderdale .

Imagine what would happen if every US citizen insisted on talking to only US phone reps from this day on. Imagine how that would ultimately impact the number of US jobs that would
 need to be created ASAP.
 If I tell 10 people to consider this and you tell 10 people to consider doing this - see what I mean...it becomes an exercise in viral marketing 101.

Remember - the goal here is to restore jobs back here at home - not to be abrupt or rude to a foreign phone rep. You may even get correct answers, good advice, and solutions to your problem - in real English.

If you agree, please tell 10 people you know, and ask them to tell 10 people they know....etc...etc

D.M. Norrod

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 02:44:27 PM »
SEPTEMBER1st to OCTOBER 1st

Well over 50 yrs ago I knew a lady who would not buy Christmas gifts if they were made in China. Her daughter will recognize her in the following.

Did y'all see Diane Sawyer's special report? They removed ALL items from a typical, middle class family's home that were not made in the USA or CANADA.

There was hardly anything left besides the kitchen sink. Literally. During the special they showed truckloads of items - USA and CANADIAN made - being brought in to replace everything and talked about how to find these items and the difference in price etc..

It was interesting that Diane said if every American OR CANADIAN spent just $64 more than normal on USA OR CANADIAN made items this year, it would create something like
 200,000 new jobs!

I WAS BUYING FOOD THE OTHER DAY AT WALMART and ON THE LABEL OF SOME PRODUCTS IT SAID 'FROM CHINA '

FOR EXAMPLE THE "OUR FAMILY" BRAND OF THE MANDARIN ORANGES SAYS RIGHT ON THE CAN 'FROM CHINA '

I WAS SHOCKED SO FOR A FEW MORE CENTS I BOUGHT THE LIBERTY GOLD BRAND OR THE DOLE SINCE IT'S FROM CALIF.

Are we Americans and Canadians as dumb as we appear --- or --- is it that we just do not think. The Chinese, knowingly and intentionally, export inferior and even toxic products and dangerous toys and goods to be sold in American and Canadians markets.

70% of Americans and Canadians believe that the trading privileges afforded to the Chinese should be suspended.

Why do you need the government to suspend trading privileges? DO IT YOURSELF, AMERICA and CANADA.!!

Simply look on the bottom of every product you buy, and if it says 'Made in China ' or 'PRC' (and that now includes Hong Kong ), simply choose another product, or none at all. You will be amazed at how dependent you are on Chinese products, and you will be equally amazed at what you can do without.

Who needs plastic eggs to celebrate Easter? If you must have eggs, use real ones and benefit some Canadian or American farmer. Easter is just an example. The point is do not wait for the government to act. Just go ahead and assume control on your own.

THINK ABOUT THIS: If 200 million Americans and Canadians each refuse to buy just $20 of Chinese goods, that's a billion dollar trade imbalance resolved in our favor...fast!!

Most of the people who have been reading about this matter are planning on implementing this on sept. 1st and continue it until OCT. 1st. That is only one month of trading losses, but it will hit the Chinese for 1/12th of the total, or 8%, of their American and Canadian exports. Then they might have to ask themselves if the benefits of their arrogance and lawlessness were worth it.

Remember, SEPTEMBER 1st to OCT. 1st !!!!!! START NOW.

Send this to everybody you know. Let's show them that we are Americans and CANADIANS and NOBODY can take us for granted.

If we can't live without cheap Chinese goods for one month out of our lives, WE DESERVE WHAT WE GET!

Pass it on, America and CANADA ....
 Well instead of doing it for just 1 month why not try to do it all the time.

D.M. Norrod

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 02:54:31 PM »
Bar Codes:

(Who knew?)

IN light of the recurring recalls that we see, this information could be helpful in trying to find product origins..
 This may be useful to know when grocery shopping, if it's a concern to you.
 Good information to have these days.

The whole world is afraid of China-made "black hearted goods".
 Can you differentiate which one is made in Taiwan or China?

. . . If the first 3 digits of the barcode are: 690, 691, or 692, the product is MADE IN CHINA .

471 is Made in Taiwan .

This is our human right to know, but the government and related department never educate the public,
 therefore we have to RESCUE ourselves.

Nowadays, Chinese businessmen know that consumers do not prefer products "MADE IN CHINA", so they don't show from which country it is made.
 However, you may now refer to the barcode, remember if the first 3 digits are 690-692 then it is MADE IN CHINA.

00 - 09 USA & CANADA
 30 - 37 FRANCE
 40 - 44 GERMANY
 49 - JAPAN
 50 - UK

Food poisoning...... Watch what you buy

Folks this is the most important forward I have ever sent, read and change your buying habits.

I recently saw a Food inspector on TV.... He said he had lived overseas and he had seen the filthy conditions their foods are raised and processed in.

It is enough to make you throw up. Some foreign workers have to wear
 Masks as they work in these places, because the food is so rotten and
 Filthy, it makes them want to throw up. Many of their Fish on Fish Farms
 Are fed Raw sewage daily. He said he has seen so much filth throughout
 Their food growing and processing that he would "never" eat any of
 It. They raise this filth , put some food coloring and some flavorings
 On it, then they ship it to the USA for YOU to consume and feed to
 YOUR families. They have no Food & Safety Inspectors. They
 Ship it to you to buy and poison your families and friends.

Imported food we eat and the junk we buy

Green Giant frozen vegetables are from China , and so are most of Europe 's Best.
 Arctic Gardens are Okay.
 So is Birdseye.

Never buy the grocery store garlic unless it is clearly marked from USA or Canada , the other stuff is grown in people poop (even worse than chicken poop).
 China is the largest producer of garlic in the world. U.S. Is next.

Buy only local honey, much honey is shipped in in huge containers from China and re-packed here.

Cold-FX is grown and packed in China and is full of fecal bacteria. Doesn't work anyway, big scam. If the country of origin is not clearly marked beware.
 If produce, ask an employee.

Watch out for packages which state "prepared for", "packed by" or "imported by". I don't understand the lack
 Of mandatory labeling, especially the produce.
 The country of origin should be clearly shown on the item in the store. I go to the local farmers' markets in season and keep a wary eye open the rest of the year.

Please read this very carefully, and read to the very bottom. It's important for all of us.

How is it possible to ship food from China cheaper than having it produced in the U.S. Or Canada ?

FOR EXAMPLE THE "OUR FAMILY" BRAND OF MANDARIN ORANGES SAYS RIGHT ON THE CAN 'FROM CHINA '. SO, FOR A FEW MORE CENTS, BUY THE LIBERTY BRAND.
 GOLD BRAND OR THE DOLE IS FROM CALIFORNIA
 Beware, Costco sells canned peaches and pears in a plastic jar that come from China

ALL "HIGH LINER" AND MOST OTHER FROZEN FISH PRODUCTS COME FROM CHINA OR INDONESIA . THE PACKAGE MAY SAY "PACIFIC SALMON" ON THE FRONT, BUT LOOK FOR THE SMALL PRINT. MOST OF THESE PRODUCTS COME FROM FISH FARMS IN THE ORIENT WHERE THERE ARE NO REGULATIONS ON WHAT IS FED TO THESE FISH.

Recently The Montreal Gazette had an article by the Canadian Government on how Chinese feed the fish: They suspend chicken wire crates over the fish ponds, and the fish feed on chicken s--t.
 If you search the Internet about what the Chinese feed their fish, you'll be alarmed; e.g., growth hormones, expired anti-biotic from humans. Never buy any type of fish or shellfish that comes from these countries: Vietnam , China , Philippines

Check this out personally. I did. Stienfeld's Pickles are made in India - just as bad!

Another example is in canned mushrooms. No-Name brand came from Indonesia.

Also check those little fruit cups. They used to be made in Canada in the Niagara region until about 2 years ago. They are now packaged in China !

While the Chinese export inferior and even toxic products, dangerous toys, and goods to be sold in North American markets, the media wrings its hands!

Yet, 70% of North Americans believe that the trading privileges afforded to the Chinese should be suspended!

Well, duh! Why do you need the government to suspend trading privileges?

SIMPLY DO IT YOURSELF, CANADA AND THE U.S. !

Simply look on the bottom of every product you buy, and if it says 'Made in China ' or 'PRC' (and that now includes Hong Kong ), simply choose another product, or none at all. You will be amazed at how dependent you are on Chinese products, and you will be equally amazed at what you can do without.

THINK ABOUT THIS:

If 200 million North Americans refuse to buy just $20 each of Chinese goods, that's a billion dollar trade imbalance resolved in our favor...fast!! The downside? Some Canadian/American businesses will feel a temporary pinch from having foreign stockpiles of inventory.

Just one month of trading losses will hit the Chinese for 8% of their North American exports.
 Then they will at least have to ask themselves if the benefits of their arrogance and lawlessness are worth it.

START NOW and don't stop.

Send this to everybody you know. Let's show them that we are intelligent, and NOBODY can take us for granted.

D.M. Norrod

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 02:57:30 PM »
A very interesting column.. COMPLETELY NEUTRAL
 Be sure to Read the Poem at the end.

Charley Reese's final column for the Orlando Sentinel...
 He has been a journalist for 49 years.
 He is retiring and this is HIS LAST COLUMN.

Be sure to read the Tax List at the end.

This is about as clear and easy to understand as it can be. The article below is completely neutral, neither anti-republican or democrat. Charlie Reese, a retired reporter for the Orlando Sentinel, has hit the nail directly on the head, defining clearly who it is that in the final analysis must assume responsibility for the judgments made that impact each one of us every day. It's a short but good read. Worth the time. Worth remembering!

545 vs. 300,000,000 People
 -By Charlie Reese

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.

Have you ever wondered, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, WHY do we have deficits?

Have you ever wondered, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, WHY do we have inflation and high taxes?

You and I don't propose a federal budget. The President does.

You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does.

You and I don't write the tax code, Congress does.

You and I don't set fiscal policy, Congress does.

You and I don't control monetary policy, the Federal Reserve Bank does.

One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one President, and nine Supreme Court justices equates to 545 human beings out of the 300 million are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.

I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered, but private, central bank.

I excluded all the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason. They have no legal authority. They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman, or a President to do one cotton-picking thing. I don't care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash. The politician has the power to accept or reject it. No matter what the lobbyist promises, it is the legislator's responsibility to determine how he votes.

Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.

What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall. No normal human being would have the gall of a Speaker, who stood up and criticized the President for creating deficits. The President can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it.

The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes. Who is the speaker of the House? John Boehner. He is the leader of the majority party. He and fellow House members, not the President, can approve any budget they want. If the President vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto if they agree to.

It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million cannot replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts -- of incompetence and irresponsibility. I can't think of a single domestic problem that is not traceable directly to those 545 people. When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise the power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.

If the tax code is unfair, it's because they want it unfair.

If the budget is in the red, it's because they want it in the red.

If the Army & Marines are in Iraq and Afghanistan it's because they want them in Iraq and Afghanistan ...

If they do not receive social security but are on an elite retirement plan not available to the people, it's because they want it that way.

There are no insoluble government problems.

Do not let these 545 people shift the blame to bureaucrats, whom they hire and whose jobs they can abolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts and advice they can reject; to regulators, to whom they give the power to regulate and from whom they can take this power. Above all, do not let them con you into the belief that there exists disembodied mystical forces like "the economy," "inflation," or "politics" that prevent them from doing what they take an oath to do.

Those 545 people, and they alone, are responsible.

They, and they alone, have the power.

They, and they alone, should be held accountable by the people who are their bosses.

Provided the voters have the gumption to manage their own employees...

We should vote all of them out of office and clean up their mess!

Charlie Reese is a former columnist of the Orlando Sentinel Newspaper.

What you do with this article now that you have read it... is up to you.
 This might be funny if it weren't so true.
 Be sure to read all the way to the end:

Tax his land,
 Tax his bed,
 Tax the table,
 At which he's fed.

Tax his tractor,
 Tax his mule,
 Teach him taxes
 Are the rule.

Tax his work,
 Tax his pay,
 He works for
 peanuts anyway!

Tax his cow,
 Tax his goat,
 Tax his pants,
 Tax his coat.

Tax his ties,
 Tax his shirt,
 Tax his work,
 Tax his dirt.

Tax his tobacco,
 Tax his drink,
 Tax him if he
 Tries to think.

Tax his cigars,
 Tax his beers,
 If he cries
 Tax his tears.

Tax his car,
 Tax his gas,
 Find other ways
 To tax his ass.

Tax all he has
 Then let him know
 That you won't be done
 Till he has no dough.

When he screams and hollers;
 Then tax him some more,
 Tax him till
 He's good and sore.

Then tax his coffin,
 Tax his grave,
 Tax the sod in
 Which he's laid...

Put these words
 Upon his tomb,
 'Taxes drove me
 to my doom...'

When he's gone,
 Do not relax,
 Its time to apply
 The inheritance tax.

Accounts Receivable Tax
 Building Permit Tax
 CDL license Tax
 Cigarette Tax
 Corporate Income Tax
 Dog License Tax
 Excise Taxes
 Federal Income Tax
 Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
 Fishing License Tax
 Food License Tax
 Fuel Permit Tax
 Gasoline Tax (currently 44.75 cents per gallon)
 Gross Receipts Tax
 Hunting License Tax
 Inheritance Tax
 Inventory Tax
 IRS Interest Charges IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
 Liquor Tax
 Luxury Taxes
 Marriage License Tax
 Medicare Tax
 Personal Property Tax
 Property Tax
 Real Estate Tax
 Service Charge Tax
 Social Security Tax
 Road Usage Tax
 Recreational Vehicle Tax
 Sales Tax
 School Tax
 State Income Tax
 State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
 Telephone Federal Excise Tax
 Telephone Federal Universal Service Fee Tax
 Telephone Federal, State and Local Surcharge Taxes
 Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax
 Telephone Recurring and Nonrecurring Charges Tax
 Telephone State and Local Tax
 Telephone Usage Charge Tax
 Utility Taxes
 Vehicle License Registration Tax
 Vehicle Sales Tax
 Watercraft Registration Tax
 Well Permit Tax
 Workers Compensation Tax

STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?
 Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago, & our nation was the most prosperous in the world.
 We had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle class in the world, and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.

What in the heck happened? Can you spell 'politicians?'

I hope this goes around THE USA at least 545 times!!! YOU can help it get there!!!

GO AHEAD. . . BE AN AMERICAN!!!

D.M. Norrod

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2015, 02:59:43 PM »
Last Post.

If any of you have ever been to a military funeral in which The Last Post was played;
 This brings out a new meaning of it.

Here is something everyone should know.

We have all heard the haunting song, 'The Last Post.'
 It's the song that gives us the lump in our throats and usually tears in our eyes.

But, do you know the story behind the song?
 If not, I think you will be interested to find out about its humble beginnings.

Reportedly, it all began in 1862 during the American Civil War, when Union Army Captain Robert Ellicombe was with his men near Harrison's Landing in Virginia . The Confederate Army was on the other side of the narrow strip of land.

During the night, Captain Ellicombe heard the moans of a soldier who lay severely wounded on the field. Not knowing if it was a Union or Confederate soldier, the Captain decided to risk his life and bring the stricken man back for medical attention. Crawling on his stomach through the gunfire, the Captain reached the stricken soldier and began pulling him toward his encampment.

When the Captain finally reached his own lines, he discovered it was actually a Confederate soldier, but the soldier was dead..

The Captain lit a lantern and suddenly caught his breath and went numb with shock. In the dim light, he saw the face of the soldier.. It was his own son. The boy had been studying music in the South when the war broke out. Without telling his father, the boy enlisted in the Confederate Army.

The following morning, heartbroken, the father asked permission of his superiors to give his son a full military burial, despite his enemy status. His request was only partially granted.

The Captain had asked if he could have a group of Army band members play a funeral dirge for his son at the funeral.

The request was turned down since the soldier was a Confederate.

But, out of respect for the father, they did say they could give him only one musician.

The Captain chose a bugler. He asked the bugler to play a series of musical notes he had found on a piece of paper in the pocket of the dead youth's uniform.

This wish was granted.

The haunting melody, we now know as 'The Last Post' used at military funerals was born.

The words are:

Day is done.
 Gone the sun..
 From the lakes
 From the hills.
 From the sky..
 All is well.
 Safely rest.
 God is nigh.

Fading light.
 Dims the sight.
 And a star.
 Gems the sky.
 Gleaming bright.
 From afar..
 Drawing nigh.
 Falls the night..

Thanks and praise.
 For our days.
 Neath the sun
 Neath the stars.
 Neath the sky
 As we go.
 This we know.
 God is nigh

I too have felt the chills while listening to 'The Last Post'

Remember Those Lost and Harmed While Serving Their Country.

Also Remember Those Who Have Served And Returned;
 And for those presently serving in the Armed Forces.

Please send this on.

For our soldiers...please don't break it .