Author Topic: Other Bloodlines bred by Ironline Kennels.  (Read 1508 times)

D.M. Norrod

• Administrator
Other Bloodlines bred by Ironline Kennels.
« on: December 14, 2015, 09:27:29 AM »
Over the many years I have had questions about other bloodlines then what is advertised.
If I wanted to sell any of them then I would have advertised them.
I have grown tired of responding to these inquiries.

I have owned many different bloodlines over the years.
From Colby and the different versions from this bloodline to Carver, Boudreaux, Patrick, Maloney, Tudor, you name it.

One of my all time favorite dogs was Norrod's Smokin Satan.
He was my rode dog and one which never failed me in any way!
We went through the thick and thin of times and often I found myself being carried by him then the other way around.
His sire was Bodzainowski's Ch. Paddy Boy (litter mate to J.C. Shaw's Ch. Rascal) heavy in Boudreaux' Eli Jr. blood crossed to Norrod's Flossie, heavy in the Jim William's Gr. Ch. Copper blood.
Satan was from a breeding I did in late March of 1975.
Satan DOB was June 1, 1975.

On to the rest.
Here is something most need to know before they speak what I have and don't have:
1. I still have the main UKC and ADBA pedigrees of all the old dogs which has been associated with this kennel, as I just scanned a old UKC of a AST we owned in 1973.
I can scan them too but I scanned this one for my friend HowardB.
At the bottom:
http://www.ironlinekennels.com/Page_70_Miscex.html

Some of the more noted dogs our kennels has been associated with comes from the bloodlines of the Boudreaux' Boze through Norrod's & Boudreaux' Check and Taxlor's OX.
Another is our old Hemphill bloodline from Maud, Duster, and Spike.
Another is Gaines dogs from American Rose, Don Q, Ch. Red Dog, etc.
Another is our old Creed dogs from Chopper, Mokena, coming through Rigger.
Another is Iron Gunner, Blondy Sue, Nikki and Chance 75 aka Suda.
Another is from another Creed bloodline of Combs/Creed dogs of Red Sonya and her brother Squeezer and his son Nitro which I owned all.

Of the above mentioned bloodlines I bred and sold a few, some less then 5 pups total, one must remember an important factor.
When you tight family breed or inbred, you will see the truth in the bloodline, all the good and all the bad.
You can't have a front without a back or a top without a bottom.

This method of breeding shows everything.
I found from experience this was the best way for me to purify the bloodline.
There is a down side when producing and anyone who has ever read about this kind of method of breeding will know that fertility is a factor where you will have small litters or whole litters which will die.
Good thing is this doesn't often come into play until many generations down from the start but sooner or later this will happen.
Hard to have a big yard with variables when there is a small group in later years to choose from.
Also this makes it hard to have any available to sell.
Often to increase the size of litters you have to cross.
I chose not too.
I chose to keep the line pure for myself and bite the bullet.

After this many years of culling I knew what to look for when it came time to breed.
These bloodlines mentioned above are limited and are bred for a select few people,
who help keep those bloodlines going.

I want everyone to understand I never eliminated these dogs from any breeding programs,
thing is I just quit selling them to the public.
Not because they couldn't produce winners, because everyone of the bloodlines I named above,
had already proven they could and this is a known reported fact!

When these dogs were placed and are kept with these chosen people I have told others stories,
that I sold them off to people outside the country so they wouldn't come up missing.
In my private forum I wrote a story what happened once to Ch. Iron Spike and what Dan and I had to do to get him back.
I would hate to go that extreme again but I know I would.
This is one of the many reasons why I don't place pictures of my current dogs up on the Internet.  >:(

So what did I choose to base my yard from.
The dogs that took us to the dance. :)
About 15+ years ago I was down to about 15 dogs all were from Susie, Mitzie and Maximillian breeding.
Why them?
They had the right mixture that produced winners that ourselves or anyone else could be completely successful with.
Their records speak for themselves.

When you choose to become a APBT breeder you have to choose, are you a paper breeder or are you a breeder from winners to produce winners?
The taste of success was a flavor that tasted much better then the bitter taste of failure.

As time evolved it showed success came from these family bred dogs and to the out crossed dogs.
I also wanted to breed Gr. Ch. Koko to Ch. Red Iron and Ch. Smash but it never came to be.
I wanted to see the line breeding.
In 1995 Ch. Gambler was sent back to me from the Yankee Boys.
I used him as a stud for line breeding with a little cross.
I didn't care what he had on his top side,
it is what he achieved as a dog is what I wanted.
I bred him to the straight Susie, Mitzie & Max females and they too produced recognized winners.
I had already been offered Ch. Red Dog to be sent to me but there was one problem,
I couldn't go along with what I knew wasn't so.
He was a for real deal champion so that wasn't it. Most know by now why.

A couple of years later Ch. Dutchess came available to me from Triple J Kennels who had sent Gr. Ch. Street Sweeper to Wildside Kennels.
Her record was unbelievable for only 2+ year old dog.
Now here was my chance to do what I always wanted to do.
Breed a titled female from my bloodline (in this case dogs I sent to Dan Gibson of Southern Pride Kennels).
I bred her to Ch. Gambler and to Ch. Red Dog.
Both of these males came from females I had bred.
I finally got to try line breeding from titled dogs which was basically our bloodline with some cross.
I later bred a daughter of Ch. Gambler to Ch. Hagler who again had my bloodline on the dam's side.
I wanted to see what came of the blood without Ch. Dutchess in the pedigree.

The thing is, of our other bloodlines we had used, I don't know how well they would have placed in conformation, but neither did I try.
Of the dogs from Susie, Mitzie & Max, Maynard, Heidi and Ms. C just to name a few had conformation points.
Ceresco Kid had weight pull points.
I'm sure there would have been others, as I had already been told by different registry judges, some of them would have placed if I would show them.

But the champions,
I will never forget what happened with Ch. Gambler at 6 years old.
Man he blew through the dogs and wasn't even ready to be showed and two weeks later did it again.
The first show when I got all the ribbons and the trophy Lynn was so shock she was upset and thought I stole the trophy from someone and said I better take it back.
I said, dumb ass I really won it! :)
Third dog I ever showed! LOL
First was old Satan under Dick Stratton when Satan was old and started to be crippled.
Second one was Maynard who took a second and then Ch. Gambler........BAM!
When I finally got a break in breeding Ch. Dutchess and I could get serious with her, she made history that no other female has ever equaled in achievements.
The thing that isn't known, Ch. Hagler had a good sum of conformation points and so did Ch. Red Dog.
Just by chance of me happening to take them to the show,
they got recognized as dogs that could produce complete package dogs!

Over the last 15 close to 20 years I had a lot of success with these dogs in every aspects.
But there will be a time when I will have to choose again, will they stay here as the old dogs have off Susie, Mitzie and Max?
Note I still have them :)
Or will I have to place them too with a small group of people who will end standing up and helping out with the keeping of the dogs for themselves.
I not getting any younger.

I can't in good thought walk away or give up on the dogs which had been so successful for us for over 40 years.
But then again neither will I do so with the dogs from Ch. Dutchess, Ch. Gambler, Ch. Red Dog or Ch. Hagler.
They will just not be available to the public at a given time in the future.

My plans after 10+ years?
If I'm still alive doing any breeding, it will be totally minimal,
I hope to find or create another Ch. Gambler or a champion from foundation blood,
so he can be bred to our old straight females and on very small occasion have pups.

When I go,
Lynn might keep a few and when she goes,
if she doesn't before me,
what is here will be put down and not sold.

Why did I post this these 2 posts?
To make clear:

A. I'm not interested in bringing back the other old bloodlines to breed for the public so don't ask.
If I have anything available it will be posted.

B. Don't doubt what I have if you don't know or can't prove differently.
I've grown tried of the silly attacks from people who has never met me or has been here and seen my yard.
I'm tired of the silly talk of jealous hate being spread in the dogs and not one wanting to compare or willing show what theirs are about.
I'm tired of people telling me who purchased from other breeders, my stock, of what I did or didn't breed.
I'm tired of people who bought dogs from of other bloodlines making derogatory statements and trying to compare their dogs to mine yet they ride on the shirt tales of others with never having done anything personally on their own with the dogs they have.
The wannabes only hope is they don't get caught up in their BS with the people they are talking about.
These people are a joke,
REMEMBER this for future reference,
NEVER give these peoples' words any merit until they have done something themselves to help improve and added to their own bloodline then just to be peddling pups.

People often asked years ago, why I waited so long to breed for myself off dogs like Gr. Ch. Iron Taffy R.O.M, Ch. Iron Spike R.O.M., Ch. Iron Bobcat R.O.M., Ch. Iron Bear R.O.M., Gr. Ch. Koko R.O.M., Ch. Flash and the many multi winners?
Because achievements were more important to me then pup breeding and peddling.............